How to Apply to EdChoice
1. Submit the following to GCA
- New Scholarship Request Form or Scholarship Renewal.
- Copy of student's birth certificate.
- Copy of current utility bill in parent/guardian's name at residential address.
2. Submit the following to EdChoice
EdChoice Scholarship Program
Families that qualify under the EdChoice Scholarship Program will be responsible for all fees and the difference between the scholarship and GCA's tuition unless the family qualifies for low income status (below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines).
Eligibility for EdChoice Scholarship Program:
- Public school students attending a "designated school" in their resident district.
- Students currently attending a charter/community school whose resident district school is a "designated school" on the EdChoice list.
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year and are assigned to a "designated school."
EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Program
Families that qualify under the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Program must have their income verified by the EdChoice Program. The family is also responsible for all fees including the application fee, testing fees and student fees.
Eligibility for EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Program:
- Child is entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Your family is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
- Your child is NOT assigned to a "designated school" on our list. If your child attends or is assigned to attend a "designated school," you must apply for the EdChoice Scholarship Program.