How to Apply to GCA:
*INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW GCA STUDENTS AND FAMILIES*
STEP ONE: Apply Online
Submit your online application with a non-refundable registration fee per student.
- Prior to January 31, 2018 - $100 Registration fee - PAY HERE
- Between February 1, 2018 and March 31, 2018 - $150 Registration fee.
- After April 1, 2018 - $200 Registration fee.
STEP TWO: Submit all forms and files
You must submit the following forms and files for each student applying for admission to GCA:
- Copy of student's birth certificate.
- Copy of report cards for the two preceding years (Not applicable for kindergarten).
- Copy of standardized test results (SAT, OAA, OGT) for the two preceding years (Not applicable for Kindergarten).
- Custody documentation if student(s) don't reside with birth mother or both parents.
- School Administrators Recommendation form. (not required for Kindergarten).
- Records Release Form.*
- Parent Questionnaire
- Annual Enrollment Contract.*
- Statement of Understanding.*
*Once you complete these forms online, you will receive an email that you must confirm in order for the form to be submitted to Gahanna Christian Academy.
STEP THREE: Schedule Testing
Our entrance exam is for students entering grades 2-12 and includes English, language arts, math and a short essay. This assessment will be used in determining admission to GCA as well as grade level placement.
Kindergarten and first grade testing information COMING SOON.
STEP FOUR: Attend GCA Events
All new students interested in attending GCA will need to attend two events at our school to continue assessing whether or not we are the school for you!
1. Student Exhibition - January 11, 2018 (6:30-8:30 pm)
This is an opportunity to see the finished products our students work on throughout the year and start thinking about what passions you want to pursue at GCA!
2. New Student Workshop - January 18, 2018 (4:00-5:00 PM)
All prospective new students will have the opportunity to work with a teacher in their incoming grade and meet other students. This is a great way for students to get acclimated to what it's like to be in class at GCA.
*Families unable to attend both events will not be considered in the first round of admittance to GCA.
STEP FIVE: Interview with GCA
A family interview including the student will be scheduled once you have completed the online application, submitted all forms and fees, completed testing and attended our student exhibition and student workshop.
GCA staff will contact all prospective families with completed applications via email to schedule an interview.
STEP SIX: Start Your Journey!
First round acceptance letters will be sent beginning February 5, 2018.
Each family will have 30 days to pay $300 of their student's nonrefundable fees, the balance of fees is due by May 1, 2018. Families with more than one student accepted to GCA will be required to pay 50% of each additional student's fees by August 15, 2018 and the remainder by September 15, 2018.